Level 2 Beauty Therapy
VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques
Qualification code: AB20086
(NVQ & VRQ)
This is the first stage in becoming a fully qualified Beauty Therapist. We have intakes on this course throughout the year.
You will learn about health and safety for your work area, your client and yourself. We will provide you with the skills and information on how to perform traditional and contemporary beauty therapy treatments safely and effectively, to the current industry standards. Our unique, highly sought after, intimate learning environment gives you the confidence and skills to achieve your ultimate goal.
On completion of this course you will be ready to start building up a client base at home or in a salon environment.
This qualification is recognised nationally and internationally and is a requirement by employers of the industry.
With your NVQ qualification you will be able to apply for employment within salons and spas, open your own business or work from home and as a mobile therapist.
Omni Academy of Beauty has strong links with 4Leisure Recruitment, specialist recruitment agency for the Beauty Industry.
4Leisure Recruitment recognise that Omni Academy of Beauty deliver the highest quality and standard of training and therefore do not require any previous industry experience.
Find out more about 4Leisure Recruitment – Click here.
Omni Academy of Beauty offers a fantastic range of enrichment days whilst you are studying for this qualification, adding additional skills to the traditional Level 2 course.
As part of our Level 2 Qualification you will visit Illamasqua Make up School in Soho, London. The experience involves a workshop with one of their highly trained make up artists where you will learn different make up tips and tricks, fresh ideas and the latest make up trends.
As a Level 2 Beauty Therapy student with us you will also spend a day during your course at the Dermalogica Head Quarters in Leatherhead. This opportunity is very special to Omni Academy of Beauty as students from other colleges aren’t offered the chance to train at Dermalogica’s beautiful, purpose built venue.
These enrichments are exclusive to our level 2 students.
Omni’s Unique Beauty Bundle Enrichment Programme
New and exclusive to our full Level 2 and Level 3 Beauty Therapy students, we have created a Beauty Bundle enrichment programme where students have the option to choose from a variety of additional courses. Have a look at the Beauty Bundle page by clicking here.
* Hygiene, Health and Safety
* Facials & skin care
* Facial Cleansing including Steam and Extraction and Exfoliation
* Facial Massage
* Facial Masks including mixing your own
* Eye Treatments including Lash and Brow Tinting and Shaping
* Specialist Manicure and Pedicure including Paraffin Wax Treatments
* Nail Painting Skills including French Polish
* Nail Art
* Spray Tan
* Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
* Cross Promotion Techniques
* Display Stock to Promote Sales in a Salon
* Make-up Application including Day, Evening & Special Occasion
* Salon reception duties
* Self Management
* Team Work
Student Progression: Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments, Electrolysis, Holistic Massage Therapies, Ear Piercing, Threading, Advanced Waxing
Career Paths: Beauty Salons, Mobile Beauty Therapist, Beauty Room, Beauty Room working from home
£2,047.50 exc vat (inc vat £2,457.00)
* Payment plans are available, please get in touch to find out more.
Course Cost Includes: Tuition, workpacks, assessments days, all resources.
Beauty Specialist Kit required. Details supplied on request.
VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques Exam Fee £104.00
Admin Fee £50.00
If you are wanting to enrol onto the Beauty Bundle Enrichment Programme, more details can be found here.
Dates & Details
Option A: Day – 2 Days a week for 15 weeks Tuesday & Wednesday (9.30am – 4.30pm) Weekday Course (NVQ)
Option B: Saturday – Every Saturday for 30 weeks (9.30am – 4.30pm) Weekend Course (VRQ)
Option C: Evening – Tuesday Evening Class available (6pm – 9pm) This is a great way to build up your full beauty therapy qualifications in the evenings. (VRQ)
Option B: Saturday (Walton on Thames)
This is a roll-on roll-off programme, meaning you can start your training at the next available module.
Please give us a call to find out more.
* Nov 24th (Spray Tanning)
* Dec 8th / 15th / 22nd / Jan 12th 2019 (Manicure/Pedicure/Nail Art) Closed for Christmas on Dec 29th
* Feb 2nd / 9th / 16th / 23rd 2019 (Facial and Skincare)
* Mar 16th (Lash & Brow Tinting & Shaping)
* Mar 23rd (Threading)
* Apr 13th / 27th / May 4th (Make up) Closed for Easter on Apr 20th
* May 25th / Jun 1st / 8th (Waxing)
* Jul 6th (Spray Tan)
* Jul 20th / 27th / Aug 3rd / 10th (Manicure/Pedicure/Nail Art)
* Aug 31st / Sep 7th / 14th / 21st (Facials & Skincare)
* Oct 12th (Lash & Brow Tinting & Shaping)
* Oct 19th (Threading)
* Nov 9th / 16th / 23rd (Make up)
* Dec 14th / 21st / Jan 11th 2020 (Waxing) Closed for Christmas on December 28th & Jan 4th