NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship
VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a work based learning programme. You will be able to work in a salon whilst you complete your training. It gives you the opportunity to learn, develop and demonstrate skills of your trade in a real working environment.
Most employers embrace apprentices in their salons and benefit from a more productive workplace as a result.
With the support of your employer, tutors, colleagues and peers you will flourish on the Omni Academy of Beauty Apprenticeship programme.
The Apprenticeship courses have been designed to be completed within 12 months. If you are not already in employment within a salon we will help you to find a placement. With excellent relationships with top local salons we make sure you have everything you need to complete your training successfully and achieve that all important qualification.
Earn While You Learn and Gain Hands on Salon Experience
As part of your apprenticeship you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week in your salon. You will be paid for these hours. The Apprentice minimum wage is £3.50 per hour, however your employer may pay you more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a salon environment whilst maintaining the nurturing and supportive care from your training provider.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. As this is a completely new skill set for most people, you will be taught everything you need within the course.
* Hygiene, Health and Safety
* Facials & skin care
* Facial Cleansing including Steam and Extraction and Exfoliation
* Facial Massage
* Facial Masks including mixing your own
* Eye Treatments including Lash and Brow Tinting and Shaping
* Specialist Manicure and Pedicure including Paraffin Wax Treatments
* Nail Painting Skills including French Polish
* Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
* Cross Promotion Techniques
* Make-up Application including Day, Evening & Special Occasion
* Salon reception duties
* Self Management
* Team Work
Student Progression: Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments, Electrical Epilation, Holistic Massage Therapies, Ear Piercing, Threading, Advanced Waxing Career Paths: Beauty Salons, Mobile Beauty Therapist, Beauty Room, Beauty Room working from home
Good news! Apprentices do not have to pay for any training as this course is fully funded.
Omni Academy of Beauty works with AFA to offer fully funded training.
The only cost is your beauty kit, which will have all the tools and products needed for the duration of your training and beyond, uniform and textbooks!
Details supplied upon request.
Dates & Details
* Option A: Day – 2 days per week for 1 year Tuesday & Wednesday (The rest of your week will be spent at your salon placement)
* Please call us for enrolment options *
* Jan 9th – Apr 18th
* May 8th – Aug 15th
* Sep 11th – Dec 19th