Level 4 Sports Massage
VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
Qualification code: SP4C1
This Sports Massage course will develop your skills, knowledge and understanding needed to perform Sports Massage therapy competently to recent, non-acute injury and pre-existing conditions. This will include a range of massage techniques as well as special and functional massage tests, additional to those acquired at Level 3. You will also develop your advanced knowledge of functional anatomy and physiology related to Sports Massage, to be able to assess and advise on the type of treatment to support soft tissue repair at each stage of injury and recovery and how Sports Massage can help.
Progression: Graduates of this qualification will be able to gain employment as a Level 4 Sports Massage Practitioner, providing a range of advanced Sports Massage Techniques for recent non-acute injuries and for pre-existing conditions. This may include working in clinics, for sporting teams or as mobile therapists. This may be in an employed or self-employed context.
You will be able to progress on to the VTCT Level 5 Certificate in Sports Massage (QCF) which will build upon the skills, knowledge and understanding gained at Level 4, introducing more advanced massage techniques (myofascial, PNF and active isolated stretching), assessment techniques for ligamentous and neural conditions.
Pre-requisite for this course: Level 3 Sports Massage or equivalent Sports Massage qualification
Please note: This course will only run with a minimum of 4 students.
* Hygiene, Health and Safety
* Anatomy & Physiology for Level 4 Sports Massage
* Consultation and Assessment Techniques
* Conducting Subjective and Objective Assessment
* Professional Practices in Sports Massage
* Provide Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury
* Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
* Effects: Physical and Psychological of Sports Massage
* Specific Sports Massage Techniques to include: Connective Tissue, Soft Tissue Release, Corrective Frictions, Trigger Point and Muscle Energy Techniques
* Contra-indication / Contra-actions / After Care Case Studies
Student Progression: Swedish Body Massage, Indian Head massage, Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Hot Stone Massage, Level 5 Sports Massage Therapy
Career Paths: Sports Massage Therapist, Health Spas, Health Clubs, Sports Clubs, Beauty Salons, Mobile Therapist, Treatment Room, Treatment Room working from home
Sports Massage Association (SMA): successful learners achieving this qualification will be eligible for membership with the SMA and REPs at the appropriate level.
* Special Introductory Price of: £670.00 exc vat (inc vat: £804.00)
* Payment plans are available, please get in touch for more information.
Course cost includes: Tuition, work packs, assessments and all resources.
VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy exam fee £73.50
Admin fee £50.00
Dates & Details
Option A: Day – 8 weeks (1 day per week) 9.30am – 3.30pm + assessments
** MORE DATES COMING SOON **