The Winston Churchill School, Woking
In the summer of 2012 The Winston Churchill school approached Omni Academy of Beauty to see if we would be interested in running a bespoke course to help re-engage with students who had lost enthusiasm in the National Curriculum. They wanted to put a programme in place to help students remain focused at school and give them a reason to get excited about education again.
We transformed a classroom into a Beauty Training Room and sent a lecturer over to the school to run the fortnightly course.
The programme proved to be a huge success with teachers and parents alike noticing a marked improvement in concentration levels and behaviour not just in school but at home too.
We now successfully run weekly, the VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Services qualification for Year 9 and Year 10 students. This programme is open to all pupils and includes the following:
- All teaching and assessing
- Taster sessions along with student interviews to see if they are suitable for the course and that they have real expectations of what the course requires.
- Open evening support
- Career events
- Parent information evenings
- External visits and enrichment activities
- Reports on Student progress
- Membership/Insurance to leading beauty organizations such BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetologists)
Exciting times ahead for the Winston Churchill Beauty Therapy students as they prepare to demonstrate their skills at the school’s upcoming fashion show with a celebrity guest appearance.
They are also looking forward to attending the Professional Beauty industry trade show as part of Omni Academy of Beauty and finding out more about what this exciting industry has to offer.
If you think your school could benefit from a similar programme, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 01932 23 23 22 or email email@example.com